02 September 2009

I'm here!

I'm officially abroad now! Unfortunately, it hasn't stopped raining since I arrived in Nantes 10 hours ago, but a little rain only reminds me of Seattle, and that's not a bad thing. We leave for Vannes tomorrow for a 3.5 day trip, which should be exciting. I don't really know what to expect!

Unfortunately, getting 2.5 hours of sleep in three days is NOT a recipe for adjusting well to travel-abroad-related changes, but I can't say I didn't try the Advil PM. I only got 1.5 measly hours of sleep out of it! However, my family is absolutely wonderful and has a beautiful home. I have my own room and share a bathroom with my host sister, Soline, and the rest of the bedrooms are below (on the 2nd floor), while the 1st floor has the kitchen, dining area, and sitting room, and there's a tv room/playroom in a sort of basement (though it might be above ground, I can't tell). Les petits, the younger kids, who are ages 4.5, 7, 8.5, and 10, are all the happiest, most lively bunch of kids I've met, ask me all sorts of questions in French that are far beyond my vocabulary, but as soon as I sleep and clear my head, I may actually be able to remember my words in French again. Let's hope!

(More later, I'm exhausted!)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad that you made it safely, Sarah! I hope that you have an amazing, fun time in Vannes. When we went, it rained the entire weekend, so hopefully that won't happen to you. Do you know what student your host family had last year/last fall? Just curious :)

    ReplyDelete